Everyone wants to keep their home and office safe and secure. We install CCTV cameras, high security locking systems and what not to ensure that our property is completely safe from intruders. Nowadays, even the thieves are aware of the latest technology so one way or another, they gain access to your home. So, it is vital to upgrade your home’s security system with the help of a professional locksmith. They know what you need to keep your property secure. Here are a few tips shared by professionals on how to keep your property safe.
- Ensure there is plenty of lighting.
- Prevent any dark or hiding spots by trimming the trees and bushes.
- Use signage like “No Trespassing”, “Beware of Dog.”
- Draw the curtains and blinds so that none can observe your home.
- Always lock the windows when leaving home.
- Installing a window film is ideal to make your glass tough to break.
- Always keep the window and door screens on your property intact.
- Install deadbolts to every exterior door.
- Reinforce the door jamb with wood and long screws.
- Replace the screen doors with security doors made of iron or steel.
- Make sure all the locks are functional.
Keys and Key Control:
- Try to avoid giving any spare key to a neighbor. You can place it at a safe spot or in the locking boxes mounted to a door or garage.
- Never ever leave the vehicles inside your vehicle.
- Always keep a spare car and house key in your wallet.
All of these security tips will help keep your home and office safe. If you want to get your home locks checked, contact our professional locksmiths in Edmonton. We have the knowledge and experience to offer the best possible solutions.